Did you know that in Spotify you can hide songs in albums and playlists so you don’t listen to them? When listening, hidden tracks will be automatically skipped. Hiding a song for a while is better than deleting it, because after a while you can change your mind. Below we’ll show you how to hide tracks in Spotify.
The ability to hide tracks in the Spotify application appeared on April 16, 2020. It is available only with Spotify Premium.
The Spotify version for the computer does not yet have this feature.
When you hide unnecessary songs, you do not have to skip them manually each time. This will happen automatically.
How to hide songs in Spotify
- Open the Spotify app on your iOS device.
- Select the playlist or album you want to hide tracks from.
- Click the three dots icon next to the song you want to hide.
- From the menu, select Hide Song.
Hidden tracks will not disappear completely from the album or playlist. They simply turn gray and a red icon appears next to them.
Spotify will automatically skip hidden tracks when listening to a playlist or album. If you change your mind, hidden songs can be returned.
How to return hidden songs to Spotify
- Open the Spotify app on your device.
- Select a playlist or an album with hidden songs.
- Click the three dots icon next to the hidden track.
- Select the Hidden option from the menu.
- The song will immediately return to the playlist or album.
The function allows you to hide songs that you don’t like for a while, and not delete them completely. This is very convenient, because often the tracks get bored for a while, and then you want to listen to them again. Too bad Apple Music doesn’t have the same feature.
Recall that to access the function you need a paid SpotifyPremium subscription.
Spotifyused to be able to put dislikes on songs you didn’t like. It was very convenient, and many are waiting for the return of the function. Until then, you can only hide tracks.