iPhone SE 2020 for 40 thousand is a great option for owners of old iPhone. Now they can update their smartphone without much damage to the budget. You have an iPhone 7 and you don’t know whether it is worth changing it to iPhone SE? We will help you make a decision.
The iPhone SE 2020 and iPhone 7 have a similar design. If you compare the characteristics of the two smartphones, the difference is also not huge. So is it worth changing iPhone 7 to iPhone SE?
- 2020 iPhone SE – 138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3 mm, 148 g, IP67, 2nd generation Touch ID
- iPhone 7 – 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm, 138 g, IP67, 2nd generation Touch ID
In terms of size, the iPhone 7 and iPhone SE 2020 are exactly the same. In this regard, iPhone 7 cases are suitable for iPhone SE. Both smartphones are IP67 certified and have 2nd generation Touch ID. Yes, the iPhone SE has a glass back panel with wireless charging support, but the iPhone 7 does not. However, due to the glass panel of the iPhone SE, you will always have to carry it in a case, so as not to break it.
iPhone SE is 10 grams heavier, but it is unlikely to be noticeable. The silver and red iPhone 7 has a white front panel, while the iPhone SE 2020 does not.
- 2020 iPhone SE – 4.7-inch Retina HD display, 1334 x 750, 326 ppi, Haptic Touch
- iPhone 7 – 4.7-inch Retina display, 1334 x 750, 326 ppi, 3D Touch
Here, the iPhone SE and iPhone 7 also have no differences. Both smartphones have 4.7-inch Retina HD displays with 720p + resolution. Differences in brightness, color and contrast are also minimal. The iPhone 7 has 3D Touch, and the iPhone SE already has Haptic Touch. If you like 3D Touch technology on your iPhone 7, then you have to donate it.
- 2020 iPhone SE – A13 Bionic, 3rd generation Neural engine
- iPhone 7 – Dual Core A10 Fusion
The A10 Fusion processor in the iPhone 7 was considered a real monster when the smartphone just came out. Even after four years, the A10 Fusion remains a decent processor. However, if you like to play games or use expensive applications, you will definitely notice the improved performance of the A13 Bionic processor inside iPhone SE.
Memory and RAM
- 2020 iPhone SE – 3 GB RAM | 64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB
- iPhone 7 – 2 GB RAM | 32 GB, 128 GB
IPhone SE has one gigabyte more RAM. Yes, now 3 GB of RAM is not enough, but multitasking on the iPhone SE will still be better. In addition, the base memory of the new smartphone is twice as much as that of the iPhone 7. It is available with three memory options. By the way, you can read about how to choose the right amount of memory for yourself.
2020 iPhone SE – Gigabit LTE, Wi-Fi 6, SIM Card, eSIM, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with Read Mode
iPhone 7 – LTE-A, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC with Read Mode
The iPhone 7 has LTE, Wi-Fi ac, NFC and Bluetooth. iPhone SE supports the newer standards for all of these communication options. This means that the network will be caught better, the mobile Internet will be faster, the quality of calls will become better. In addition, Wi-Fi will be faster and more reliable. The iPhone SE 2020 has two SIM cards (eSIM), which the iPhone 7 does not have.
- 2020 iPhone SE – 12 megapixels, aperture f / 1.8, optical image stabilization, portrait mode and light, stereo recording, 4K video recording at 60 frames / s, 7 megapixel f / 2.2 front-facing FaceTime HD camera
- iPhone 7 – 12 megapixel f / 1.8, optical image stabilization, 4K recording at 30 frames / s, 7 megapixel f / 2.2 front-facing camera FaceTime HD
At first glance, the cameras of the iPhone 7 and iPhone SE 2020 are no different. However, the SE has a newer and larger 12MP Sony sensor. In addition, the new smartphone can record 4K video at 60 frames / s, and also supports stereo recording. It also has an extended dynamic range. In addition, iPhone SE supports portrait mode of the main and front cameras. The iPhone 7 has no function at all.